Provides filter testing capabilities under reduced pressure environments using lunar dust simulants. Supports filtration system prototyping.
- 6 inch diameter by 8 ft. long closed-loop filtration flow loop.
- Optical Particle Counter (90 nm to 7.5 micron)
- Particle Image Velocimetry
- Optical Microscopy (Nikon XI70)
- Supports the Exploration Life Support Dust Mitigation and Control task.
- Specific developments include
- Filter testing protocols under reduced operation pressures.
- An Indexing Media Filtration System
- Breadboard filtration systems
- Filter efficiency and load testing
- Dust load testing of Air Revitalization system components under reduced pressure.
- Characterization of aerosols, airborne lunar dust and granular particles.
Point of Contact: Juan H. Agui, 216-433-5409